Musings of the Library Lady and Her Daughters

Queen Leora and her daughters Princess Bernie, Henny Penny Jenny (and others joining soon) impart knowledge, advice, hopes and dreams to all who gather and read.

Friday, March 03, 2006

What not to read this week.

I hadn't read anything written by Greg Iles for 3 years. I had always liked his books because they were in the "you can't put it down" category. When I was at the library a couple of weeks ago I picked up "Blood Memory". I did manage to read it all, but it was hard. I was tense the whole time. It deals with child sexual abuse and with the tender heart that I have for all kids, it was hard to stomach. I had picked up another one of his that was written after that one, but it is graphic, too, and I'm returning it to the library unread. "Blood Memory" was very disturbing. There are a lot of other exciting things within the "you can't put it down" category. That is what is great about the library, you can return things unread and you haven't invested a dime.

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess Bernie said...

Thanks for the advice, Mother Dear. How does it feel to have your first blog post ever?

March 03, 2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger Bob's Kid said...

This is great, Bern! I wish my mom was still around to blog!

I can't read books about child abuse. They would go right back on the shelf. My daughter is a librarian, and she's always bringing books home for me. Sometimes they go back unread, and she grumbles at me. But she also uses me to vet books for her to read--if they do go back unread, she doesn't waste her time!

March 04, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Princess Bernie said...

Thanks, Bob's Kid. Queen Mother Leora has kept a list of every book she has read. So this blog will probably fill up with good book reviews. So if you have anyone else you know that might be interested, pass the addie on to them!

One of my sisters is an elementary school teacher in Bakersfield. Another one is an elementary school librarian in the high desert in California and I have a sister in law (like a sister to me) who is a teacher here in Kentucky.

Teachers sort of run in my family. Lots of cousins, aunts and great aunts who were also teachers.

Take care. Hope you are feeling well.

March 04, 2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger Bob's Kid said...

It's amazing--keeping notes on every book you read! I have never done that, it never even occured to me. But what a notebook I would have if I had!

From time to time I think of books I read many years ago that I cannot remember the title or author of but would like to read again. If only I had this good habit I could easily find them again.

Alas!

March 04, 2006 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home